This workhouse was built to a Sir George Gilbert Scott and Moffatt plan between 1837-8, in a classical style, with a single storey front block, an arched centre and two storey end blocks. The design was approved in 1836, the authorised expenditure was £5,075 for the construction of the building and it was to accommodate up to 300 inmates. It has now been demolished.