This church was built by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1858-9, mainly from yellow brick with red brick diapers and dressings, and a little carved stone. It has an apse, bellcote over the chancel arch, north vestry, with four pairs of lancets with round openings over on the north wall, each pair under gables. The west window has round plate tracery over triple lancets. Only part of Scott’s original church now remains, as the north aisle to the later church by Nicolson and Corlette in 1898.