John Drayton Wyatt, 1820-91

In 1841, he joined Scott and Moffatt’s office as an assistant draughtsman and stayed on with Scott for many years after Moffatt’s departure. He carried out many drawings for Scott and made elaborate illustrations of Scott and others work for the journal Civil Engineer and Architects Journal. By Jackson’s time he was away from the office restoring the castle and chapel at Sudeley in Gloucestershire in 1863-7. After 1867, he relinquished his office work and eventually becoming diocesan architect for Bath and Wells.