This was originally built as a workhouse to a Sir George Gilbert Scott and Moffatt plan in a classical style between 1837-9. It had a one storey entrance range, with three stories behind, an octagonal centre, central lantern and two storey flanking wings. It cost £3,000 to build plus another £1,800 to complete and was to house 200 inmates. It is now flats.