This was a classical style workhouse designed with Moffatt using their standard plan and built between 1837-8. It had a taller pedimented centre of four stories with three storey wings and an Italianate bell-turret, and was to house 350 inmates. The contractor was Myers of Hull and Wilson. The costing was £5,647 with the original contract, although this rose to £6,550 on completion. It was demolished in 1993.