This was built to a Sir George Gilbert Scott and Moffatt plan between 1838-9 in stone in a plain Elizabethan style to house 160 inmates. It has a three storied central block with two storey wings and the building contract was for £2,090. Mr Bonython was clerk of works and Mr James Chappell of Bath the contractor. It was in use by 1840. It is now a community centre.