This was built between 1837-8 to a Sir George Gilbert Scott and Moffatt plan in a late Classical style. The ward block was rendered, the entrance block of painted ashlar with granite dressings to the entrance arch and with Cornish slate on the roofs. The main accommodation block was three stories and it was intended to accommodate 300 inmates. The Poor Law Commissioners authorised the sum of £5,000 on its construction. It has now been converted into flats.