The college outgrew Whitelands House in 1930 and moved to buildings designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott in Southfields, near Putney. Whitelands college was formally opened by Queen Mary in 1931. The extensive campus was expanded over the following years, with additional residential and academic buildings constructed on site. The college remained in Southfields until 2005, when it relocated to the current Roehampton site
it was later restored further by Richard Gilbert Scott in 1961–65.