In 1864, Sir George Gilbert Scott designed a similar monument to the Crimean War Memorial (Broad Sanctuary, Westminster), which had been erected six years earlier. This was in the village of Ford for the Marchioness of Waterford as a memorial to her husband who was killed in a hunting accident in 1859. It is surmounted by an angel by Philip and incorporates a now defunct fountain at the base. The column was renewed following storm damage in 1868.