This was built by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1847, in conjunction with John Henderson of Edinburgh, as the theological college for the Scottish Episcopal Church. It was constructed in a fifteenth century domestic Gothic style with a 190 square foot quadrangle, at a total cost of £20,000. In 1851, Scott built a chapel for the college, the tower and spire costing £8,000 and paid for by Charles Wordsworth, the first warden, later the Bishop of St. Andrews. In 1861, Scott also redesigned Henderson’s Hall for the college.