Thynne Chapel, St Mary’s, Haynes
Lord John Thynne (1798-1881), was dean of Westminster Abbey and son of the Marquis of Bath. Sir George Gilbert Scott obtained work from Tynne himself, who had inherited the advowson of Haynes, near Ampthill in Bedfordshire. Here Scott designed the paving of the Thynne Chapel in around 1850.
Lady Thynne’s tomb, St Mary’s, Haynes
Scott designed a canopy for Lady Thynne’s tomb in 1868.
Pevsner, N., Bedfordshire and the County of Huntingdon and Peterborough, Buildings of England (Penguin Books, Harmondsworth, 1968), pp. 95-6.