Sir George Gilbert Scott restored this church for his brother-in-law, the Rev. J. H. Oldrid, between 1867-9. His additions and alterations included adding a new north aisle arcade of four bays, which matched the nave, and a new two-bay north organ chamber. Scott also heightened the tower and added the battlements and pinnacles to it. The cost of work was around £5,500.