This church was built by Sir George Gilbert Scott and Moffatt for the Rev. Thomas Webb Minton, at his expense, between 1842-3. It is in Mid-Pointed style with a west tower with a broach spire, nave, transepts and a short chancel. In 1845, Herbert Minton, the tile manufacturer, donated an ornate tile pavement to the church where his nephew Samuel was the incumbent. He also paid off the debt of £400-500 which his nephew had incurred during the building of the church.
http://www.tilesoc.org.uk/pdf/minstaff.pdf, pp. 5, 34-5.