In 1840 Sir George Gilbert Scott and Moffatt planned to replace the Norman church here, moving it to higher ground. Scott and Moffatt’s clerk of works was Mr Smith who submitted their plans to the Church Building Society in 1842. The cost was estimated at £1,260 and the land donated by the Earl of Pembroke. Built in Norman style, possibly reusing parts of the old church, it consists of a chancel with south transept, an aisled nave and south-west tower with a conical spirelet and south door. Fittings, a font, pulpit and reading desk, were also provided in a late Norman style and the church was consecrated in 1843.