Sir George Gilbert Scott carried out work at this church soon before he died in 1878, removing a gallery and lengthening the aisles. He also built a new chancel arch and removed the plaster ceiling in the chancel to expose the old roof. He provided a new east window and possibly a pulpit. The work appears to have continued after his death into the 1880s. The church was redundant but is now a concert and events venue.