This church restoration was completed by Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1865-6, for the Rev Dr John Jebb, the rector, at a cost of £1,200. His clerk of works was Chick of Hereford and the builder Coleman of Claxhill. Walls were straightened, floors underpinned, heating installed by Haden, a new vestry was built on the north side, an oak porch on the south side, a new window in the south side and a panelled ceiling was placed in the chancel. The local Godwin tiles were used in the nave and chancel plus the church was given a new roof and new pews. Archdeacon Denison attended the re-opening in 1866.