This was a church restoration carried out jointly by Sir George Gilbert Scott and R. Neville between 1877-9 for the Honourable and Rev. Allan Broderick. The pre-Norman Conquest west tower arch was removed and replaced by an imitation thirteenth century one, and the tower was strengthened, destroying much Saxon work. Alterations had been carried out in 1840 but these were also removed.