This was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1877-8, again in conjunction with Canon Moore, the vicar of Spalding, when Fulney became a new ecclesiastical parish in 1877. It was not actually built until after Scott’s death, in 1880. It was a large red brick and stone church in Early English style, the steeple attached to the church with an arcade. Scott was so impressed with the design of the chancel arcades at Boxgrove, with their pairs of arches grouped under large semi-circular arches, that twelve years later he reproduced this feature here. The pulpit was executed by Farmer and Brindley. As a member of the Spalding Gentlemen’s Society, the earliest provincial association for the encouragement of antiquarianism, Scott had close links to the town.
At the same time as working on the church, Sir George Gilbert Scott designed a red brick parsonage, north west of the church, built between 1877-9. It is reported that Miss Charinton paid for the work for this, the school and the church, a total cost of £30,000 with an endowment, with the hope that her nephew Richard Guy Ash would become the first Vicar of St Pauls, as he did.