St Olave Hart Street is a Church of England church in the City of London, located on the corner of Hart Street and Seething Lane near Fenchurch Street railway station.
John Betjeman described St Olave’s as “a country church in the world of Seething Lane.” The church is one of the smallest in the City and is one of only a handful of medieval City churches that escaped the Great Fire of London in 1666. In addition to being a local parish church, St Olave’s is the Ward Church of the Tower Ward of the City of London.
Sir George Gilbert Scott restored and repaired the fifteenth century church in 1863, removing galleries and rebuilding the east window. His font was given to St Olave’s in Toronto in 1937. The church was badly bombed in World War II and restored once more in the 1950s.