This church was restored, enlarged and refitted by Sir George Gilbert Scott initially between 1869-75 for the Rev. Robert Roy at a cost of £3,000. The nave was restored in length and height to medieval proportions, it was re-roofed, the external walls were refaced and windows renewed. The north aisle was made vertical again and the original floor level was restored. The work was continued beyond Scott’s death to 1880.