This church was restored and enlarged by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1852 at a cost of £930 and built by George Wyatt. He provided a new north aisle, which was decoratively painted, and organ chamber, the old north door being replaced in the new north wall. He also provided a new east vestry and rebuilt the south wall of the chancel. He removed the gallery and replaced the plaster ceiling with a boarded roof and the pigeon-house like structure was removed from the old bell turret. He also renewed some of the windows. He refitted the church with a new pulpit, stone sedelia, font and pews.
http://www.obr.org.uk/PDF/Issue%2017.pdf for Scott’s drawing of the exterior of the church.