St Nicholas‘ parish church
Restoration under the architect John Oldrid Scott was completed in 1898, resulting in the building of a new chancel arch and the reconstruction of the chancel ceiling in panelled oak. In addition, the nave was restored externally, the foundations underpinned and a new ceiling inserted. A new roof was built over the south aisle and the exterior was repaired. Various other repairs and alterations were carried out at this time, including the installation of heating.