Sir George Gilbert Scott built this church in 1861-3, as a memorial to Charles Kynaston Mainwaring, and it was built from small blocks of yellow sandstone using Mainwaring funds. It has a diaper patterned slate roof and bellcote, the windows with lancets and plate tracery. The interior is lavish with the choirstalls, alabaster reredos, wooden communion table, brass altar rails and benches, all designed by Scott. The chancel seats were by Rattee and Kett, the brasswork by Skidmore, the tiles by Godwin and other carving by Farmer.