In 1849-50, Sir George Gilbert Scott’s first work in Cambridge was the restoration of the attractive fourteenth century church of St Michael in Trinity Street, which had been damaged in a fire. He provided this church with a new north porch and south doorway. His son, George Gilbert Scott, later refitted the church.

Royal Commission for Historic Monuments, II, p. 284.