This church was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1862-3. Most of the old church was demolished except for the north wall and then restored in Early English style with perpendicular windows. The original tower also remained and its turrets were restored. A new south-east vestry and timber porch with tile roof was provided. Scott’s restoration is claimed to have cost £2,271.