Possibly through his Biddulph connections and simultaneous work at nearby Eastnor, in 1850 Sir George Gilbert Scott designed a new font for the church, with green marble columns, to replace a seventeenth century one which had gone missing at the end of the eighteenth century. The older one was rediscovered, broken up and buried beneath where the new font was to be positioned.