This church was paid for by the Second Duke of Sutherland at a cost of around £2,000 and built between 1842-4 for local colliery workers. It was built of white ashlar stone with darker dressings and has a bellcote and steep roofs, with lancet windows with tracery. It consists of a nave, north and south transepts, chancel and south porch and had free seats.