Between 1861-2, Sir George Gilbert Scott restored and refitted the church, including renewing window tracery, reconstructing the Sir George Gilbert east end of the chapels and refacing the porch, at a cost of £3,000. The refitting included prayer desk, lectern, pulpit, vestry and organ screen, nave seats, book stands for the choir and altar stools, with 11 drawings carried out by Scott for the work.