This church was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott with Moffatt in 1840-2, in ‘Commissioner’s Style’, of flint with London stock brick dressings and stone dressings to the windows. It was built on the site of the former church. It has a broach spire with dark brick panels and a minor transept with a restrained interior. It lacked a chancel and has galleries in the nave aisles.