Sir George Gilbert Scott restored the church at a cost of over £2,000, with George Wyatt of Oxford as builder, in 1850-1. The roofs of nave, aisles and tower were newly boarded, with a new chancel roof and the east end of the chancel rebuilt. The walls were underpinned and a gutter provided at the base of the walls. The rood stairs, the sedilia, piscina and aumbry were opened up and the piscina in the south aisle was reconstructed based on existing fragments. The church was reseated and new choir stalls, based on those in Dorchester Abbey, were made. He also provided oak altar rails which have since been replaced.