This church was restored and enlarged by Sir George Gilbert Scott, for the Right Honourable Earl of Stafford and Warmington, between 1872-5. This consisted of the rebuilding of the chancel, including the organ room in Decorated style at the east end, the insertion of new geometrical aisle windows on both sides, the erection of new porches and the rebuilding of the tower which was given a crown of pinnacles and a perforated parapet like Taunton.