In 1804 the tower collapsed bringing down the six bells. It was rebuilt and had a zinc covered wooden spire but the present stone steeple replaced this in 1908. There are now two small bells dated 1805 and 1861. The south porch was rebuilt in 1868 when major alterations and restoration work were carried out. It is unclear if Gilbert Scott was involved.