This is a simple and attractive little red brick church with a tile roof and a shingled spirelet completed for Henry Joseph Toulmin, the owner of Childwickbury Estate in 1867. He was a member of the St Albans Abbey Restoration Committee, and later opposed, somewhat timidly, Grimthorpe’s more drastic restoration works. It was built as a Chapel of Ease for Childwickbury estate workers so they did not have to go to the parish church of St Michael’s in St Albans. It has one aisle, the east end with plate tracery. There are lancet windows in the chancel and square headed windows in the nave.