Restored and refitted this church in 1868-9. This included the renovation of the chancel, a new chancel roof, external walls were partly refaced, the north aisle was enlarged and the roof restored. The clerk of works was John Chapple and the cost was £5,041, of which Sir George Gilbert Scott’s fee was £287. The refitting included a timber pulpit and lecturn, desk and font, the sculpture by Samuel Ruddock, redecoration of the chancel arch by Burlinson and Grylls and tiles by William Godwin of Lugwardine.