St.Mary’s, Bridlington Priory

In 1875, Scott embarked on a second extensive restoration, which was finished eight years after his death by John Oldrid. The main part of this was to emphasise the difference between the two western towers; the older tower, on the north side was given straight parapet, while on the south side an eighteenth century turret was removed and replaced with an ornate Perpendicular composition to match the style of the lower parts of the tower. In 1875, Scott designed a high altar reredos for Mr Wills which was executed by Farmer and Brindley.