In the 19th century restoration of St Mary the Virgin parish church, Adderbury was carried out in three phases:
- By the architect J.C. Buckler between 1831 and 1834
- By the architect Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1866 and 1870
- By Sir George’s son John Oldrid Scott in 1886
Sir George Gilbert Scott restored this church, particularly the nave and aisles, in 1866-70. The designs for tracery on the windows were based on Bloxham and his drawings show the old tracery before it was replaced. Gilbert Scott added a rood loft to the reinstated old rood screen and an organ case later on in 1877. His sons carried out further restorations, George Gilbert in 1873-7 and John Oldrid in 1886.