This church was designed and built by Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1863-5 for his patrons Miss Percival of Calverton and the Rev. W. P. Trevelyan of Calverton. Built in Early English style out of stone, it had lancet windows, an apse, south porch, nave, aisles and bellcote although commentators (Murray) have described it as ‘dullish’. In 1864 he also built a parish room and vicarage which were initially detached but later joined to the church. The vicarage was an asymmetrical design built in stone, with a window by Farmer to which a later bay was added along with other alterations.