Sir George Gilbert Scott worked on this eighteenth century building several times. In 1858 he faced the tower with flint and Bath stone, restored the internal vaulting and west portal. His drawings show that he also designed a new reredos and font for the church in 1867.
In 1873-5, Sir George Gilbert Scott undertook a complete restoration of this church and reworked the nave and chancel, including a reseating. The restoration of the chancel was completed by Ewan Christian.