Between 1861-2 Sir George Gilbert Scott undertook a restoration here which included rebuilding large parts of the church for Sir Henry Dashwood. This included a new chancel and chancel arch, plus the north aisle which was also widened and he partly rebuilt the south wall of the nave. The old west tower and the south porch were retained although this was re-roofed, along with a decorative north arcade, and the Norman south doorway was reused. The rebuilding made the style of the church more elaborate than the original.