Built between 1877-8 for Canon Scott of Wisbech, Sir George Gilbert Scott’s older brother John, this is a small church, the contract worth £3,104. It was constructed of gault brick with stone dressings, a timber porch, lancet windows, western bell cote and wheel windows over three lancets at the east end. It is described as ‘not typical Scott’ by Pevsner and ‘a commendable effort’ in Betjeman’s 1958 Guide.