Between 1845-9, Sir George Gilbert Scott carried out a ‘complete restoration’ at this church for the Rev. Robert Miles, restoring the nave and chancel. This included repaving the nave floor in black and white marble, reseating and renewing windows and tracery. There is a rainwater head on the east side of the tower with the initials ‘GS 1849’, commemorating the completion of the restoration.