Sir George Gilbert Scott and Moffatt built this church between 1844-7, to accommodate 296 people, in Decorated style. It was built from local stone with a hammerbeam roof and tall arches. Paid for by the Grove family of Zeals house, it cost £2,000 and the builder was C. Kirk. A spire on an octagonal pedestal was added in 1876 to Scott’s design.