The congregation formed in 1893 and held services in a mission room. The church was built in 1898 to designs by the architect John Oldrid Scott. It comprises a nave with aisles and south porch. The chancel has a south chapel and vestry. On the north side is the organ chamber. The church was opened on 21 July 1899 by William Boyd Carpenter, Bishop of Ripon.