Sir George Gilbert Scott restored and refitted the church in 1870-1, including adding the north aisle, much of the west tower was cased in limestone ashlar and a vestry was built on the north side of the chancel. Both aisles were restored to their original length, the roofs were renewed, and a south porch was added. He also designed the font, pulpit, chancel seats, altar table, lectern and surplice closet.