Sir George Gilbert Scott undertook a restoration here in 1860 when the chancel arch was taken down and rebuilt. Parts of the outer wall of the church were refaced at the same time, the window arches and jambs renewed and new tracery inserted. He also designed the east windows of both aisles to replace those inserted by William Firmadge in the early nineteenth century. The new windows were inserted in 1864.