The last commission that Sir George Gilbert Scott obtained, as a result of the Westminster Improvements, was in 1861, for a school to serve the parish of St. Margaret, Westminster. This was in what is now Dean Farrer Street, close to the Abbey end of Victoria Street, and was an irregular design in yellow brick with little ornament but with ‘spacious high’ school rooms. Like St. Andrew’s, it was a casualty in the later improvements to the area.

Companion to the Almanac or Year Book of General Information of 1862 (Knight and Co., London, 1862), p. 271.