In 1872 Scott also restored the parish church of St. Asaph, which is on the east bank of the river Elwy, about two hundred yards below the cathedral. It is largely a fifteenth century double nave building on which Scott carried out another self-effacing restoration, although he provided a new roof, south porch, a vestry and a bellcote over the west wall of the south aisle. He also removed a gallery and pews, moved the organ and reseated and refitted it, providing a new pulpit . This cost £1,825.
Hubbard, E., Clwyd, Buildings of Wales (Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 1986), p. 441.