In 1853-5, Sir George Gilbert Scott built this small flint church on a slope with an angular spirelet at the east end for the rector the Reverend Sir John Culme Seymour. The apse is on a plinth and there is a decorative tiled roof, including over the south porch. It contains the first windows designed by Alfred Bell for Scott. The builder was Mr. Harris of Berkhamsted. The completed building and furniture cost £1439, paid for by the Rector, but the Prince of Wales, later Edward VII, who was Patron of the Living by virtue of the land owned by the Duchy of Cornwall in the parish, also donated £100.