Sir George Gilbert Scott rebuilt this church with Moffatt between 1843-6, replacing an older church. It is in Early English style with an exterior of faced flint with stone dressings, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch, and a square embattled tower, containing six bells. It cost about £12,000, all given by the Rev. Henry Vincent Bailey, the rector, who died in 1844 before the church was completed. The roofs are covered with blue slate. It has an octagonal font of thirteenth century style and an organ-chamber which cost £600, the organ, by Brindley & Foster of Sheffield, presented by Richard Earwaker Esq., of Nottingham, at an expense of £500.