This church was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1859 and 1861-2 in conjunction with H. Goddard for the Rev. Humphry Waldo Sibthorpe, the rector. It was almost all exterior work, including new roofs and new clerestory windows. The lectern, an eagle with semi-precious stones and the candelabra attached to the choir stalls, as at Holy Trinity, Coventry, might be by Skidmore.